Friday, May 20, 2005

 

Alison of the Grand Canyon

For the last year or so, I have really wanted to take a trip to the Grand Canyon. I don't know exactly what got me thinking about it, but it probably sprung in part from my fondness for mules. Someday I will have a mule of my own, but until that day I will have to be content with the opportunity to borrow someone else's. Look at them, with their extra-long ears and great-big eyes.


Look at this guy on the mule--doesn't he look like a real cowboy with the cowboy style chaps and everything? How much fun is he having?! He's a trail guide at the Grand Canyon.

Not only do the have mules, buy it is also supposed to be very pretty out there in the "cheap showiness of nature" that is the Grand Canyon. Here is something I might see on my vacation:


The genius of all this is that you get to ride the mules into the canyon, along the pretty yet perilous trails everyone always talks about. And they offer overnight mule rides to the bottom of the canyon and back. It is supposed to be absolutely amazing.

So all I have to do now is, you know, actually PLAN the trip instead of just thinking about it. And get a job to help pay for the trip. I'll keep posting my Grand Canyon plans here, so stay tuned. This is going to be the best vacation ever!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?